• 2 cups of green peas
• 1/2 cup fresh cream (malai)
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1 onion cut into small pieces
• 2 tomatoes, either cut or pureed
• 2 tablespoon ginger grated
• 2 tablespoon garlic cut into small pieces
• 2 tablespoon refined oil
• 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
• 1 tablespoon coriander powder
• salt to taste
• Red chili to taste
• 1 table spoon garam masala
• 3/4 spoon of turmeric powder
- Put refined oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and garlic pieces into it.
- When they turn pink in colour, add onions.
- Cook then on a low flame for about 15-20 min, until they turn into reddish pink colour.
- Then add coriander powder and turmeric powder in it.
- Then add tomato puree and cook it for another 10 minutes.
- Then add salt, red chili powder and garam masala into it.
- Then add milk and malai into it.
- After 4-5 min, add green peas into it and cover the pan. If peas were the frozen one, then they will get
cooked easily, otherwise, you can also boil them before adding them into this gravy.
- After 15-20 min, Mutter malai is ready to serve.
- Add fresh green coriander leaves cut into small pieces over it.